Monday, January 23, 2012

And so it begins...

Hi ya'll! I am:
  • a 24 yr old female
  • a graduate student at FSU studying media communication studies; alumnus of UF (person divided!)
  • a last semester of Army ROTC cadet; branched medical service corps 
  • engaged to the most amazing man in the world who lives almost 3,000 miles away from me (he's Army too)
  • born and raised in Virginia, lived the past 5.5 yrs in FL
Things I love: caffeine (diet coke/coke zero/coffee), chocolate, sunshine, the water, a big glass of wine, stupid girly TV shows, my country, my fiance, my family, and my friends (among other things of course) :)

I never thought of starting a blog before... and as if I wasn't busy enough, I decided to do it, but mostly just to keep myself sane, organized, and motivated as I navigate this last semester of grad school while planning a wedding! I made four new years resolutions for 2012 that I want to blog about (in addition to the rest of my everyday details of my "seemingly" little life):

1. Wear a cute outfit (anything that consists of something other than an old workout tee-shirt and shorts) whenever I'm not in uniform

2. Don't leave any hair on the shower wall (my lovely fiance decreed that one, ha)

3.Workout as much as I can and do NOT eat out as much (while workouts are mandatory at least 3 times a week for me, it doesn't mean I'm getting the best possible "sweat" going for myself, um HELLO wedding in 180 days!)

4. Stop complaining as much as possible

So to keep track of these resolutions... I decided to blog em. I can't promise these entries will be riveting, and who knows even who will read them (can't decide if I will post my new blog to facebook or not) but this is my life, and I am taking charge of it right now (yes, yes it is Jan 23rd and new years day was weeks ago, but better late then never right?)

So now that I have told ya my mission with this, lets get right down to it! What did I do to fulfill those resolutions today?

Monday Jan 23, 2012...

Days till wedding-- 180!
Outfit-- uniform for part of the day; workout tank top and shorts the rest of the day (I cleaned my apartment all day, ergo no need to dress up!)

HITS (hair in the shower)-- NADA! I cleaned up after myself haha

Workout--  PT this morning was minimal since the babies have a PFT wed, but we did a VERY slow 2 mi run. On my own I did the following workout (and for only FOUR minutes, it kicks your booty!) .


On top of that workout, I did another short circuit consisting of sets of 10 situps, 10 crunches, 10 crunches to each side, 30 sec wall sits, 10 dips, and 30 sec planks a total of 3 times. I think its a good little start!



Until tomorrow.... keep up the sweat, and love with all you are.








No comments:

Post a Comment