Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Back on track

Hey everyone! After failing miserably with my time management the other day, I am proud to say I am back on track! I managed to finish all of my work without pulling all-nighters! Now that school is a bit more under control, I have a bunch of stuff to get caught up on, like cleaning and organizing my apartment (my mom so graciously did all of my laundry for me when I went home, and I have yet to put it away, AH!) and also fun wedding decisions (like the DJ and table runners, and on and on). Anyways, last night I posted on my facebook status of how hard being in a military relationship is, and I had a bunch of friends with significant others in the services "like" it. Seriously, if you haven't ever experienced being apart and out of touch, it is truly difficult to maintain a functional relationship. I am so happy to have such an amazing man by my side to spend the rest of my life with, and lord knows I miss him like crazy when he is gone! But somehow, even when he is out busy playing Army, he manages to remind me how much he loves me, and for that I am truly grateful. So to all my sisters and brothers in arms, thanks for being amazing! Ok, so on to to other things... below ya can see my outfit for the day and the workout we did this morning at PT. Hope ya'll have a great day!

Feb 1st, 2012 (holy cow it's February already!)

Workout-- This morning we did a circuit workout comprising of 5 different stations for 6 minutes each.... it was pretty killer! We did pullups (dime drill consisting of 5 regular, 5 chin ups,10 with reverse grips, 5 feet to bars; then sets of 5 regular pullups and 20 leg lifts....I couldn't do all of those without some help or modification though), overhead arm claps, partner assisted military presses, partner resistance pushups, regular pushups, ran multiple flights of stairs, box jumps and dips, and then 6 minutes of abs (crunches, side crunches, situps, mason twists, flutter kicks, 6 inches). To finish up we did 1 minute of situps/pushups/mountain climbers as an entire company! I was smoked by the end!

Outfit-- I have a presentation for my class today and thought about wearing a dress, but decided I was much more comfortable in jeans. I got this shirt and hadn't wore it yet, so decided today was a good day to! I really like pairing black and brown together too, and this shirt has a slightly lacey look to it, so I thought boots would be a good touch. Paired with my MK watch, a pearl necklace, and white stud earrings :)

Wedding-- I am thinking about booking our honeymoon for St Lucia and staying at the Sandals resort....I really want to wait to see what Casey thinks, but I am afraid rooms might be booked if we wait till March, and luckily they have a fully refundable deposit up to 2 months before your trip, so I feel like its a good idea. But, who knows, maybe I will just wait and if its available then its a sign! I also plan on booking the DJ this week.

Distance-- SUCKS. which goes hand in hand with Complaints-- I have really been failing here. I should stop complaining about missing Case and instead remember how lucky I am to have someone to miss.

OK lovelies... that's all for today. Until next time,"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive, that is youer than YOU!" ~Dr. Seuss 

PS: a friend posted this on Facebook and I wanted to share...military members can get free calls via google voice! Got to remember this when Casey deploys! Click here for all the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment